Dormice at Cors Dyfi Nature Reserve
Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust has been working to protect the wildlife and wild places where you live for over 30 years.
Founded in 1982, Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust is the county's leading nature conservation charity. We have around 14 members of staff, who are guided by a board of trustees.
The Trust's main offices are in Welshpool. We have a visitor centre at Cors Dyfi Nature Reserve, near Machynlleth.
To rebuild biodiversity and engage people with their environment by being an active and influential wildlife champion.
What we are doing to create a Living Landscape in Montgomeryshire
- We manage 20 nature reserves around the county totalling almost 530 hectares
- We carry out conservation projects, including “large area” projects such as the Pumlumon Project, to create and restore habitats for wildife, to ensure that the county's wild creatures have secure places where they can feed, shelter and breed
- We run events to encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to discover, enjoy and care about the natural world
- We work with families and schools to inspire a love and respect for nature and teach environmental education
- We work with communities to improve local green spaces for wildlife
- We campaign on behalf of the environment to protect threatened places and rare species. We work with politicians, planners and members of the public to influence policy and decisions affecting wildlife
- We offer advice to individuals, planners, developers and landowners about how to protect and enhance gardens and habitats for wildlife
How we are funded
Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust is only able to deliver on its mission to protect the county's wildlife through the generosity of our supporters - our 1,400 members, 300 volunteers, grant giving trusts, local authorities, companies and charitable trusts.
If the natural environment is important to you and your family, you can make a crucial contribution by becoming a member of the Trust.
Find out more
Click to visit Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust website
Part of The Wildlife Trusts
Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust is part of The Wildlife Trusts, the largest UK voluntary organisation dedicated to conserving the full range of the UK's habitats and species whether they be in the countryside, in cities or at sea.
There are 47 local Wildlife Trusts across the UK, the Isle of Man and Alderney.
To find out more, visit the Wildlife Trusts website.