Volunteers are at the very heart of everything we do and achieve at DOP. In 2015 alone, almost 150 volunteers donated 12,000 hours. That's huge!
Whilst true, most of our volunteers perform People Engagement roles - helping visitors get the best from their visit to DOP, there are many other roles that are vital to the day-to-day operation of the project.
Volunteer Chris points out Blue 24 on a nearby perch in the 360 Observatory
As a volunteer you will be able to:
- Join a network of over 100 people committed to maintaining and securing the future of the Dyfi Osprey Project
- Contribute to DOP while having fun, meeting new friends and learning new skills
- Choose from a wide range of opportunities, from practical reserve work in the winter, people engagement in the summer and many more
- Make a positive contribution to your local area and community and of course the ospreys
- Get fit and keep active at a pace that suits you
Volunteer Jo welcomes three new visitors to the project
You don’t need to be an expert, we have opportunities at all levels and will provide relevant guidance and training where required. All tools and equipment will be provided.
If you'd like to support the Dyfi Osprey Project then please fill in our online application form to join the team, or as we like to call them, The Family. For more information call us on 01654 781 414 or contact our Volunteer Officer, Janine, on email@example.com.
How to volunteer:
A number of different opportunities are available; see the boxes below.
We often have other roles available that vary subject to seasonality, demand and so on; e.g. admin work, fundraising, general DIY etc. Please get in touch if you have skills or experience that you think could support our work.